I am always looking for new recipes that are easy, quick, and super tasty. The first time I ever tried a 3 ingredient chicken taco, I used the basic salsa taste and seasoning. This time around, I wanted to give the taste a little bit of spice. This recipe is by far one of the easiest crock pot dinner’s I have made (and I have made this recipe multiple times already). The family loves it and you will too!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 4-6 Hours (High Heat) OR 8-10 (Low Heat)
Toppings Prep Time: 10 Minutes
2-2.5 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 Packet of Chicken Taco Seasoning (of your choice)
1 Container (16 oz) salsa of your choice (I use a Tomatillo salsa)
1. Place the boneless chicken breasts into the crock pot.
If you want to cook your meal quicker, place it on high (4-6 hours). If you have many errands to run or are on your way to work, place it on low (8-10 hours).
2. Pour the entire packet of chicken taco seasoning into the crock pot.
3. Pour the entire container of salsa into the crock pot.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, take 2 forks or any type of utensils that will allow you to shred apart the chicken.
5. Serve your chicken on tortillas with your favorite toppings, or make yourself a delicious chicken taco salad! You can add your favorite tortilla chips for your side with some guacamole or salsa.