Caprese Pasta Salad
Growing up as a kid I was a VERY picky eater and I refused to ever try new foods. Once I went away to college I started to try new foods like pears, cheeses other than yellow American cheese and even yogurt (see I told you I was picky!). I started working at an Italian restaurant where I was encouraged to try the different foods that they made. When I first saw the plate of Caprese salad, I didn’t get what all the “hype” was about. A tomato, cheese and lettuce? Big Deal! Let me tell you, my WORLD changed when I tried a Caprese salad for the first time. The flavors of basil, mozzarella and tomato together was so refreshing! I knew I was in love with Caprese as soon as I took the first bite. It is light, refreshing and just delicious! So now whenever I have a chance to make something with these ingredients, I jump on it!! I decided to try making a Caprese Pasta Salad! Let me tell you, it is just as delicious as the regular salad and is SO easy to make! I made my pasta salad the night before and then just threw in the fresh ingredients a few hours before serving. I made this delicious recipe for my first BBQ of the season and it was a hit!! Try it out, you will NOT regret it! Check out the recipe below.
Caprese Pasta Salad
What you need:
- Container of cherry tomatoes (chop in half)
- Fresh Basil (chopped)
- Mozzarella Cheeze (cubed) – 80z pkg
- Box of Farfelle pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar dressing (about 1/2 cup)
- Cook pasta a day before (following instructions on box). Drizzle with olive oil and let cool. When cooled place in the fridge overnight. I put mine in a storage container, you can also use a zip block bag.
- The day of event/meal, cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Cut mozzarella cheese into cubes (amount varies on preferences, I like a lot of cheese!)
- Chop fresh basil
- Then combine all of your ingredients! Combine pasta, sliced tomatoes, cubed mozzarella and chopped basil and mix.
- Last, drizzle balsamic vinegar dressing (as desired- you do not want too much), salt and pepper (as much as desired!). Then mix all the ingredients and you are ready to serve!