This homemade spaghetti sauce was a hit for dinner for the family this week. This delicious and savory sauce is full of simple ingredients that you probably can find in your pantries and fridge at home. The great thing about homemade spaghetti sauces is that you can spice the ingredients up to make it more sweet, savory, or a specific taste to meet your families taste buds! Try to switch it up and make your own recipe and share it with us!!
-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 Package of Ground Turkey
-1/2 cup onions (chopped)
-1 garlic clove (minced)
-1/4 cup of red wine (I used a dry red wine)
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup of water
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/2 tsp ground ginger
– 1/2 cup salad tomatoes
– 1/2 tsp brown sugar
– 1 basil leaf
1. Place a larger pot on the stove over a medium heat & add the extra virgin olive oil
2. Add the chopped onion & garlic. Cook until it is sweated down and is turning golden brown
3. Add the ground turkey
4. Cook until all the meat is cooked through
5. Add the 1/4 cup of red wine, 1/2 cup of water, and the can of tomato sauce.
7. Add the 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp of oregano, 1/2 tsp of ginger, 1/2 tsp of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of salad tomatoes, and 1 basil leaf.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer and allow all of the ingredients to mix together.
MAKING THE SPAGHETTI:
1. While you are cooking your sauce, bring another larger pot of water to a boil (follow the directions on the spaghetti box)
2. Add the spaghetti to the boiling water and follow the directions of the amount of time to cook your spaghetti on the box.
3. Drain the water from the spaghetti and make yourself a plate & ENJOY!!