Not only do I love making desserts for all different types of special occasions, but I am always looking for new dessert ideas. This is definitely one of my top favorite easy desserts to bring to a friends house, celebration, work event, holiday, birthday, or any other special occasions. An easy recipe that you don’t have to do any baking for.I have already made them for a few special occasions, and they were a hit! Once you make these, you’ll want to make these for all of your special occasions!
1 Family size package of OREO cookies (I used about 42 OREO’s)
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz. & softened)
1-2 packages of candy melts or wafers (you can choose the candy color of your choice- I used white for the snowmen and black & white for the New Years Eve oreo balls)
Decorations of your choice: sprinkles, decorating icing or gel, etc.
1 large bowl
1. Crush the OREO cookies until they are finely crushed. Since I do not have a machine to crush my cookies, I used the old fashion way– a ziploc bag and a rolling pin as a beater. I only put in about 10-15 cookies in the bag at a time to get the cookies finely chopped. Then I poured the crumbles into a bowl and continued the process.
2. Once all of the OREO cookies are crushed and crumbled and poured into the bowl, take your softened cream cheese and divide it into smaller pieces and place it into the bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients together until they are fully mixed together.
4. Roll out your OREO balls to the sizes you want and then place them into the fridge for about 20 minutes.
5. Right before your take your OREO balls out of the freezer, melt your candy melts or wafers. I pour them into a bowl and microwave it for about 45 seconds, stir it, and then another 45 seconds. (You can reheat the candies as you go if needed)
6. Take your OREO balls out of the freezer and begin dipping the oreos into the melted candy. You can use a tooth pick, fork, or other utensil to help you dip your OREO balls into the candy.
7. Place the OREO balls on the parchment paper.
8. If you are going to decorate with sprinkles, pour the sprinkles immediately over the dipped OREO balls.
9. If you are going to decorate with decorating gel or frosting, you have to wait until the dipped candy is completely hardened before you decorate with the gel/frosting.
10. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat and enjoy your desserts!!
Snowmen and holiday sprinkled OREO Balls: I made these for a work winter pot luck party.
New Years Eve 2017 OREO balls: I made these for a New Years Eve celebration party.