One of my favorite breakfast foods to make is Cinnamon French Toast! When I first had to go gluten free about 4 years ago, I didn’t think I would ever get to eat French Toast again. This was very disheartening at the time because it was one of my go to breakfast meals! Over the years, I have been learning how to make my favorite meals in gluten free versions. Now I know many people do not enjoy gluten free bread, however, when the bread is fried or toasted it tastes completely different! I make this french toast very often and my non-gluten free husband really likes this! Trust me, he tells me when a gluten-free item “tastes gluten free”!!
If you are not gluten free you can still make this delicious french toast. Since I am the only one in the house that is gluten free, I make my special gluten free version first and then I will make it using the regular bread. This makes the process much less risky for getting “glutened”.
Below is the recipe for my Cinnamon French Toast! I hope you enjoy this meal as much as my family does!
Gluten Free Cinnamon French Toast:
You will need (Makes 9 pieces): 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, 4 eggs and Udi’s Gluten Free bread, 1 tablespoon of butter, maple syrup
1. Put your 4 eggs in a bowl and whisk with a fork
2. Add 1 cup of milk into the bowl. Whisk again. Then add 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
3. Pre-heat your frying pan at medium heat and add about a tablespoon of butter
4. Take out your bread and cover both sides in the bowl of eggs, milk and cinnamon
5. After dunking your bread, put it on the frying pan. I usually add some extra cinnamon when they are on the pan! I love cinnamon 🙂
6. Cook each side until they are golden brown and crispy like the picture below!
7. Once they are golden brown put them onto a plate and let them cool for a couple minutes
8. Pour maple syrup over your french toast