Grilled Fruit sounds kind of crazy, right? When I first heard the concept of grilling fruit, I thought it sounded very odd. However, I wanted to see for myself! I set out on our Father’s Day BBQ to try grilling different fruits and my family was very happy that I did!! We had a feast of grilled fruits! I grilled bananas, apples, pineapple, watermelon and peaches!
Some recipes included in my list of “Must Try Grilled Fruits” include:
Grilled Banana Sundaes
Grilled Apples with Caramel Ice Cream
Grilled Fruit Platter
Again, I know the thought of grilling fruit sounds crazy! I am telling you that you will be pleasantly surprised. The first thing that I tried was grilled pineapple and OH MY! The grill made the fruit so juicy and sweet. SO GOOD!
Check out the recipes below, you will be SO happy that you did!
First Up: GRILLED BANANA SUNDAE’S: these grilled banana’s will make the best sundae you will ever have! They are so ooey-gooey and will hit the taste-buds of kids or parents! Yum! All that you need is a grill, bananas and toppings (I used chocolate sauce, peanut butter and marshmallows)!
Ingredients: Bananas, toppings of your choice (I used chocolate sauce, peanut butter and marshmallows)
1. Take your bananas and cut a thin slice on the top of the peel (just enough to get to the inside). You want to make a small pocket to put your peanut butter and marshmallows in (or whatever goodies you decide to put in there).
2. Next, place the bananas on the grill with the cut side facing up.
3. You do not need to flip the bananas or anything. Just leave the bananas on the grill for about 10-15 minutes, keep an eye on them. The peel will turn black and will burn. However, the inside takes a while to turn gooey!
4. Once the inside is mushy, take it off the grill! The peanut butter and marshmallows will be warm and melted.
5. Drizzle on some chocolate sauce, yum!!
6. Enjoy it just like this if you are looking for a healthy dessert! If you want a bonus to this delicious treat, add some ice cream and make it an official sundae!
Grilled Apples with Caramel Ice Cream: It tastes as good as it sounds. If you are an apple pie lover, you will love this delicious dessert! It is an amazing twist on apple pie – minus the crust 🙂 Between the buttery cinnamon taste with the melt in your mouth soft apples, you will want to eat it all!
Directions: Apples (1 for each serving), cinnamon, sticks of butter, aluminum foil (a sheet of foil for each apple/serving)
1. Wash, peel and cut the apples into small slices
2. Put the sliced apples to the side. Take the aluminum foil and tear off a sheet for each apple that you are making.
3. Place 4 slices of butter on the aluminum foil.
4. Next, place the sliced apples on the aluminum foil.
5. Then place 2 more squares of butter on top of the apples. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the apples. Mix up the cinnamon within the aluminum foil.
6. Fold up the foil into pouches so it is closed. Once they are folded up, throw them on the top rack of your grill!
7. Let the apples sit on the grill for about 15-20 minutes! I usually crack open the top to make sure the apples are nice and soft before taking them off of the grill.
8. Take them off the grill and place the apples into a bowl and stir! I also add a little more cinnamon!!
9. Take a scoop of the apples in a bowl or on a plate.
10. Add a scoop of EDY’s Caramel Delight Ice Cream!
Fruit Tray! This is one last little fun thing to try – simply grill the fruit!! I decided to try grilling pineapple, watermelon and peaches! The peaches were amazing with the Caramel Ice Cream to!
For this, all you need to do is cut up the pieces and throw them on the grill. For the smaller pieces, I used a grill pan to place the pieces on – this helped so that the pieces would not fall through. Grill the pieces for about 3 minutes on each side, or until it has grill marks and the edges start to crisp up! When you bite into these extra juicy warm pieces of fruit, you will be SO happy that you tried this! SO GOOD!
I hope you enjoy all of these grilled fruit recipes as much as I do!