As someone who lives a busy lifestyle, Meal Prepping is HUGE for me! The last thing I want to worry about on Monday morning is what I am going to eat for lunch! I love that I can make these salads on Sunday nights and not have to worry about making lunch until Saturday! Check below on how to prep these salads for the week!
First and foremost, you will need mason jars! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mason jars! I use mason jars for so many different things from centerpieces to food storage. They are so awesome for so many different things AND they look super cute to! 😉
In the picture above I listed out the order of ingredients to put in the jar for the best results. Trust me, follow the order! If you put the wet ingredients (i.e. carrots) on the top, the salad will start to wilt quickly.
***I also want to point out that I put salad dressing on the side! This important detail makes your salad stay more fresh for a longer period of time!!***
I know my picture above already states the order of ingredients for your salads, however, here is a step-by-step display on how to make them.
1. Clean your mason jars! (If they are new)
2. Put in your veggies! I used pea pods and carrots 🙂 These are my favorite veggies, however, use whatever you like (i.e. cucumbers, tomatoes, onion)!
3. If you enjoy cheese on your salad, put that in next!
4. Next, put in your greens! Romaine, spinach, arugula – whatever you like!
5. Then put in your meats! I like to mix it up 🙂 I like turkey (I buy a thick piece of turkey from the deli and chop it up), bacon, ham and chicken!
6. Now for my favorite part! Place the toppings on top (i.e. croutons, corn chips, etc)!
7. Finally, seal up those mason jars! Make sure they are nice and tight! Then place them in the refrigerator. Depending on the meat you have in your jars will determine how long they will last. Bacon lasts the longest, turkey goes bad the fastest 😉
HAPPY MEAL PREPPING! 🙂