I decided to venture off and try a new cooking activity in my class and it ended up being one of my favorite desserts! Let’s be real…..everyone loves puppy chow! You just can’t go wrong! Well this minty puppy chow took it to a whole new level! We made this in my class for St. Patrick’s Day, but you can make it any time of year! It reminded me of thin mint cookies! So just think thin mints meets puppy chow! YES! It was amazing. Try it yourself…..it is almost TOO EASY to be this good! You only need 3 ingredients to make the puppy chow.
- 1 box of rice Chex mix
- 1 package of Andy's mints
- 1/2 bag of powdered sugar
- Additional snacks to mix with puppy chow (I used marshmallows and pretzels)
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Pour rice Chex into large bowl.
- Pour your Andy's mints into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted.
- Pour mint chocolate over rice Chex. Stir chocolate evenly over Chex mix.
- Pour mix into a plastic bag and pour in powdered sugar.
- Close bag tightly and shake. Shake until powdered sugar is covering all of the mix.
- Put in additional snacks and mix evenly.
- Pour mix into a serving dish and ENJOY!
This minty puppy chow is naturally gluten free! Just make sure you pick gluten free snacks (i.e. gluten free pretzels) to go along with the puppy chow to make it a mix!!