I recently came across a delicious recipe for oatmeal breakfast cookies! The cookies consisted of bananas, oatmeal and chocolate chips. After hearing of this delicious recipe I decided to make it gluten free and add one of my favorite spices! Can you guess what it is? Check out the recipe below for the answer! From this experiment of recreating these cookies came…..OATMEAL BREAKFAST BITES!
Let me tell you, the smell of these oatmeal bars carries throughout the house and as soon as they came out of the oven, half of them were magically gone in minutes 🙂
To make them Gluten Free, I bought Gluten Free instant oats from my local grocery store! Most groceries stores carry a variety of gluten free oats nowadays. The oats do not taste any different from regular oats (they should be naturally gluten free), but buying the “gluten free” ones give you the guarantee of being GF. You can also make these cookies vegan! Just use dark chocolate and make sure your instant oats are vegan (many of them are!)
A beautiful thing about these bars is that you can easily replace the chocolate chips with your favorite fruit or seasonings and they are delicious! I love making these on Sunday’s so that I can eat them throughout the week. I keep them in the refrigerator so that they will last longer, and then just heat them up before I eat them.
Oatmeal Breakfast Bites:
Ingredients: Instant Oats, 2 ripe bananas, chocolate chips and cinnamon
1. Put your bananas into a bowl and “mush” it up!
2. Add about 2 1/2 cups of oats
3. Add chocolate chips (or your favorite fruit) to your taste
4. Add my secret ingredient, CINNAMON!!! About a tablespoon (or to taste!)
5. Put your bites on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
7. Let cool, take off the pan and EAT!!!
ENJOY THESE DELICIOUS BITES!!
- 2 1/2 cups of Instant Oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Put your bananas into a bowl and "mush" it up!
- Add about 2 1/2 cups of oats
- Add chocolate chips (or your favorite fruit) to your taste
- Add my secret ingredient, CINNAMON!!! About a tablespoon (or to taste!)
- Put your bites on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes
- Let cool, take off the pan and EAT!!!