Living a busy lifestyle makes it very difficult to eat healthy! One of the best things I have ever started is Meal Prepping! I decided to try something new and made made these amazing Oatmeal Jars! Not only are they delicious, but they last well over 10 days! 🙂
You can make many different combinations to change it up and they only take a couple minutes to make. You can also eat them at different points in your day: breakfast, lunch, dessert or a snack!
To start you will need to buy the following:
– Mason Jars (as many as you want to make)
– Freeze dried fruit! I bought a variety of flavors from Trader Joe’s. This is the best type of fruit for the job because it will last a long time and once you put the water/milk in, it turns into a soft and delicious treat!
Put your freeze dried fruit into a serving dish to make your oatmeal jar assembly quicker!
– Toppings/filling! You will need some fillers for your oatmeal. If you like a sweeter oatmeal you will need coconut, sugar, cinnamon or chocolate. If you like crunchy, you will need peanut butter clusters or granola. If your like me, you will need it all! Have fun with it!
I placed all of these fillings onto a serving tray as well! It makes assembly SO much faster!
– Instant Oatmeal. I bought this gluten free oatmeal from Trader Joe’s. It has a bunch of different things in the oatmeal already, which makes it taste even better 🙂
1. Add a cup of oatmeal into the jars. (I stirred in sweetener prior to adding it in the mason jars to make it a little easier)
2. Add your fillers (cinnamon, chocolate, coconut, etc)
One of my favorite fillers is cinnamon 🙂
3. Add your freeze fried fruit! Don’t be afraid to mix it up!
4. Add the lids and close them tight!
– When you are ready to eat your oatmeal, add a cup of water/milk and heat for 1 minute in the microwave. If you like your oatmeal a bit “soupy”, add more milk/water. Then stir, cool and your ready to eat! ENJOY!
Below are some combinations I made for the week!
Raspberry Choco Loco: granola, raspberries, chocolate chunks with almond granola crunch
Chunky Monkey: granola, bananas, chocolate chunk and peanut butter crunch
Apples & Cinnamon: granola, cinnamon, apples and almond granola crunch
Tropical Oasis: granola, coconut, chocolate chunks and mango
I hope these easy meal prep oatmeal jars make your life a little easier and more delicious 🙂