OKAY — when I first thought about putting ranch dressing mix in a slow cooker recipe, I was thinking it would be pretty gross…..however, I gave it a shot and I am so happy that I did! Not only is this meal simple but it gives you the most tender chicken! This meal quickly became a favorite in my house! The best part is, it only has 4 big ingredients!
I kid you not these 4 items (Ranch dressing mix, chicken, cream of chicken soup and red potatoes) is all that you need and this may be your favorite slow cooker meal yet! This easy recipe is posted below!
I love adding this to my weekly dinner meals! I also make it for my meal prep lunch as well! Shredded chicken is so easy to make into a wide range of lunch options – wraps, salad, panini – you name it!
***Random advice – If you have a slow cooker that seems to burn things easily:
1. Make sure you cook on low
2. Add a little water or chicken broth to the bottom of your slow cooker
- Chicken Breasts (I made 2 large)
- 1 Package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- Italian Seasoning
- Red Potatoes
- Clean and cut your potatoes in half, then place them in your slow cooker
- Sprinkle potatoes with Italian Seasoning
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and half of the package of ranch dressing mix
- Place seasoned chicken on top of potatoes in slow cooker
- In a small bowl mix cream of chicken soup with remaining half of ranch dressing mix
- Pour mixture on chicken and potatoes
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours
- When finished cooking, shred chicken with a fork
- Place shredded chicken back in the slow cooker and mix with soup and potatoes
For visual learners like myself, here are pictures of how I made this fabulous chicken!
Chop and season your potatoes!
Season your chicken with salt, pepper and 1/2 ranch dressing mix. Mix remaining mix with cream of chicken soup and pour over your chicken! Cook on low for 6 hours.
When your meal is done cooking, take chicken out and shred it with a fork. Once you are finished, throw the chicken back into the slow cooker to soak up all of the juices and soup! YUM!