Okay, so we all know there are so many different ways that you can make chili with different ingredients, meats, etc. This recipe is for the daring ones that enjoy spicy foods. This chili has a very nice kick of spiciness with every spoonful of chili you eat. This recipe is very simple and easy to make for those busy days of yours.
– 1.5 lbs of Chicken Breasts
– 4 cups of Chicken Broth (low sodium)
-1 can (16 oz) Tomatillo Salsa
-2 cans (15 oz) White Beans (I used- low sodium cannellini beans with white kidney beans)
-2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
-2 tsp Cumin
-1 tsp Oregano
-1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
-Add salt if needed to taste
-Immersion blender (optional)
1. Place the chicken into the crock pot
2. Add the salsa
3. Add the chicken broth
4. Add the beans, garlic cloves, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper
5. Turn on the crock pot (depending on your time needed you can cook it on HIGH:6 hours or LOW: 8-10 hours
6. The last 30 minutes of cooking take out the whole chicken and set aside
7. Take your immersion blender and blend your ingredients in the crock pot to get a thicker consistency (without chicken)
8. Once the chili is at a consistency you like, shred your chicken and add it back to the chili.
9. Scoop a couple ladles full of the chili, add your favorite toppings & Enjoy!!!