If your looking for a twist on chicken alfredo, look no further! I made this for dinner a few days ago and it was delicious! One of the reasons I love to cook is that you can make any recipe your own and can make your own twist to popular dishes. Here is one of those popular known foods with my own twist to it! Instead of using cream for my pasta sauce, I used the left over pasta water and flour. Trust me, its delicious!
Check out the recipe below to see how it turned out!!
What you will need to make this recipe:
-Package of Chicken Tenders
-1/2 a cup of mushrooms, 1/2 of an onion, & 1 Garlic Clove
-Thin Spaghetti (Gluten Free)
-Spices: basil leaves, ground red pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder, and oregano leaves.
-1/2 cup of Parmesan & Romano Shredded Cheese
-2 tablespoons of butter
-1/2 a cup of the boiled water from the spaghetti
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-1-2 tbsp of flour
-Pan to cook the chicken & veggies
-Pot to cook the pasta
DIRECTIONS for this yummy recipe:
1.Take your chicken tender breasts and place them on a cutting board and cut the chicken into cubes. Then season the chicken.
2.I used all the seasonings above and sprinkled each seasoning over the chicken tender breasts. (I only put a very small amount of the red pepper powder)
3.Cook your chicken–> Add 1-2 tbsp. of oil to the pan and let heat up before placing the chicken on.
4.Cook the chicken until they are golden brown on both sides
5.Take the chicken out of the pan and put aside.
6.While you are cook the chicken, take your pasta pot and add water to the pot. Add a pinch of salt to the water and allow the water to boil.
7.When the the water is brought to a boil, place the pasta into the boiling water. (when it is done, take 1/2 cups of the pasta water and set aside) dump the rest of the water out and return the pasta back into the pot.
8.In the pan where you cooked the chicken, add another tbsp of oil. Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan. Stirring occasionally to make sure all is cooked down.
9. Add the minced garlic and allow to cook.
10.Once all of the vegetables are cooked down, add 2 tbsp. to the pot.
11. Next, take the 1/2 cup of pasta water that was set aside and add 1 tbsp of flour to the water. Mix well. (this is going to act as your pasta sauce)
12. Pour the water and flour into the pan. (I usually pour in half the first time and then add slowly as it cooks down until I get the right consistency that I want)
13. Add salt and pepper to the sauce to taste.
14. Add the chicken to the pan.
15. This is where I add more of the pasta water and flour to make sure it coats the chicken well.
16. Add the pasta to the pan and mix well.
17. Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan and Romano Cheese to the pan. (mix into the chicken and pasta)
18. Serve & Enjoy!! You can enjoy it on its own, or add a nice simple salad on the side!