This is a perfect simple recipe to add some flavor to your dinner salad.
-1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil (for vegetables)
-3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil (for chicken)
-1/2 cup of onions
-1/2 cup of red peppers
-1/2 cup of green peppers
-1 tsp of salt
-1 tsp of pepper
-1 tsp oregano
-1tsp garlic powder
-1/2 can of corn
-1/2 can of black beans
-1 avocado (sliced)
-Romaine lettuce (or salad lettuce of your choice)
-1 bag of quinoa (follow cooking directions found on the bag)
-2-3 chicken breasts (cut into strips)
-2 cups of flour in a bowl
-2 large eggs in a bowl (whisked)- add a pinch of salt and pepper
-2 cups of bread crumbs in a bowl
1. Place the vegetables into a pan with 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
2. Add the seasonings- salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano
3. Sweat the vegetables down
4. Add the corn and beans – cook until all the ingredients are sweated down and cooked.
5. To Bread the Chicken strips: dip the strips into the flour, then dip into the eggs, and finally dip into the bread crumbs.
6. Add oil to the frying pan and once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan.
7. Cook on both sides until golden brown and the chicken if fully cooked.
8. Plate your salad with your ingredients & enjoy!!! Top with your favorite salad dressing.