It’s Manic Monday! This week I couldn’t decide on having a margarita or a sangria so I made both in one! With spring in full bloom this May, I wanted to make a little twist on the everyday Margarita/Sangria. You can never go wrong with a lime margarita so why not add some wine and watermelon to the mix to make it a Watermelon Lime Margarita Sangria. A perfect fresh drink to make for any type of occasion.
-1/2 of a whole watermelon (3/4 used for the puree/blender & 1/4 cubed used to set aside as toppings in the drinks- if wanted)
-1 & 1/2 to 2 limes (squeezed & juiced)
-1 lime (sliced)
-1 to 2 tsp of sugar (to your taste)
-1 (16.9 oz) 7 up or sprite
-1/2 cup of tequila (2 shots)
-1 bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
1. Pour the bottle of wine into a pitcher
2. Take 3/4 of the watermelon and place into a blender
3. add 1-2 tsp of sugar into the blender
4. Add 1 & 1/2 squeezed limes into the blender
5. Add the tequila into the blender
6. Add 4-6 ice cubes into the blender
7. Blend all of the ingredients together
8. Add the ingredients from the blender into the pitcher
9. Place into the refrigerator to chill for 1-2 hours.
10. Grab a couple of glasses
11. Fill your glasses up with the mixture and enjoy!!